5 Tips for Managing Job Interview Nervousness
By Todd B Bavol
Sometimes, a job interview means so much to you that you just cannot afford to let something to wrong. When it comes to taming your anxiety and getting back on track so you can wow the job interviewer, you'll need a few tips. If you are focused on the opportunities that this job can offer to you and you are worried about what will happen if you do not get it, you are overwhelming your mind and not going to give the job interviewer the best possible chance to see who you are and what you have to offer. Instead, consider a few helpful tips.
1. Know the company well. The more you know about the job and the position you are applying for, the more comfortable you will feel during the interview. If you haven't reviewed anything, you are less likely to know what they want from you.
2. Try to smile and keep a smile on your face throughout the meeting. This naturally puts you at ease and helps you to look approachable to the other person.
3. Do some deep breathing exercises before you go in and keep breathing deeply while you are sitting in front of the job interviewer, too. The goal here is to ensure you are getting the best possible deep breaths in because this will naturally reduce your stress.
4. Realize that you have what it takes to land this position. You can feel comfortable about it because you know it is something you can do. Tell yourself that this is a job you can do well and that you want the job interview to show this.
5. Break the ice yourself. Though most job interviewers will do this for you because they know you are on edge, it is a good idea to find a way to break the ice. No matter if you are talking about the flowers on the desk or the weather outside, give yourself an opportunity to talk to the interviewer informally before you have to start focusing on your job interview.
There is no doubt that nervousness is a given in any job interview. A good hiring manager knows this and they will take every step possible to reduce your stress. Don't count on that, though. Some want to see how well you handle the pressure. Instead, take a deep breath, smile and do the best you can to focus on the goal, getting the job.
Todd Bavol is the President and CEO of Integrity Staffing Solutions. Integrity Staffing Solutions is a national staffing firm assisting individuals and corporations in making the right employment fit. To view job openings in Warehouse, Professional and Administrative positions, visit the Integrity Staffing Solutions web site at http://www.integritystaffing.com.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Todd_B_Bavol